We really hope that you are having a good January, managing to stay safe and healthy. As we are sure you can imagine we are holding off on opening our facilities due to Omicron. However, we are working hard to continue to have our facilities ready when the time is right to open them. Hopefully this will be not too far in the future. We would like to have all of our facilities open by our February 18 goal date. In the meantime, we wanted to assure you that we do still have approval to re-open our facilities from Alberta Health Services with the following condition mandated:
“Please note that a condition from AHS in order for us to open is that all members are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the AHS policy #1189, Section 2 “Proof of Immunization Records” and Section 3 “Workplace Accommodation.” Testing for workers or contracted staff who are not fully immunized is not accepted. If requested, a member must be able to provide appropriate documentation.”
Thank you for continuing to set up and purchase your memberships. We really appreciate your support. We are sure that it is not a surprise that the care and cleaning of the equipment is extremely important given the current pandemic situation. In addition to each individual user cleaning the equipment before and after use, Pulse Generator staff will be cleaning and disinfecting the equipment, and we would like to re-introduce the “Energy Exchange Project” back into our facilities. Please see the information and application link below. We would love to welcome you to our team and will greatly appreciate your help by offering you a membership to the Pulse Generator free of charge (please note that in order to qualify for this program , you will need to set up your profile and initial membership purchase). Click here for Energy Exchange Project Information.
Happy New Year Everyone,
Welcome to 2022, I want to follow up on a few points with regard to your Pulse Generator membership and the process of setting it up. We know that a new system can sometimes cause some issues. I have attached a short video that hopefully will help you with this set up.
I have also attached the rules and regulations that all members will be asked to adhere to once their facility opens.
A few points related to questions that we have been asked are
also been included below:
· Recovery Fee – This is a one-time fee that is being charged to all members at the time of membership set up. As you can imagine after 18 months of earning very little revenue, additional operation funds will be needed to support our first year and likely subsequent years of operation in order to rebuild our business.
· Payroll Deduction – Payroll deduction is not a viable way for us to collect membership fees at this time as it doesn’t allow us to respond to the changing environment efficiently. As we are working with a significantly reduced team, streamlining our payment processes is essential to operating responsibly. All payments will be managed by credit card or Visa/Mastercard debit through our online provider, Wellness Living.
· Access to all facilities, with the exception of the Glenrose, will now be provided on the AHS distributed proxima card that you receive when you receive your AHS ID. Please make sure that you include the first 6 numbers of this card in your Wellness Living profile. We will not be able to provide you with access to your facility without this information.
· University of Alberta Hospital facility members without a proxima card will have to apply for this card. Please let us know that you will need a card and we will forward you an application when we have our opening dates confirmed.
· Opening Dates - We do not have firm opening dates for facilities yet. There is equipment updating and servicing going on right now and we are working to have all facilities completely ready to open hopefully by our mid-February target date.
· At this time, facilities with on-site gymnasiums and squash courts will not have these activities upon the opening of their facility.
As always, we appreciate your patience as we work through our opening preparation. We are committed to ensuring that our facilities provide a safe and healthy environment for your health and fitness activities.
You are invited to join your Pulse Generator now!
Here is what you need to know:
· If you purchase a membership between now and January 17th, your next monthly payment will not be until March 2022 or if you pre-pay your annual membership, your membership will expire March 2023. If you sign up early and pay, we will work hard to get you access to your facility as quickly as possible (as they will be some lag between payment and gym access).
· EVERYONE, except “PG Fitness On the Go” members will have to create a new membership profile, unless you already created a Wellness Living account, in order to purchase a membership. All membership payments will be managed by credit card on our new membership platform “Wellness Living”.
Membership 2022 Pricing:
One Time “Recovery Fee” payment - $25.00 will be included in your purchase of either membership option:
Monthly membership, recurring payment*- $18.25/month
(includes PG Fitness On The Go)
Annual membership* - $209.00
(includes PG Fitness On The Go)
PG Fitness On the Go Online membership - $10.00/month (No Recovery Fee)
*Please note that memberships cannot be put on hold.
· Please make sure that your profile is fully complete. Please ensure that you include the first six numbers on your proxima card in your profile. All facility access (excluding Glenrose) is now controlled by your employee proxima cards. If you are located at the UAH site and do not have a proxima card, an application for a proxima card must be completed. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an application and instructions will be emailed to you.
We hope that your December has started off well. The Pulse Generator December has certainly started off well. We are excited to tell you that we have received approval for the AHS Pulse Generator sites to re-open beginning January 17, 2022. The sites will open sequentially beginning with our non-hospital sites on January 17. The rest of the AHS sites will be scheduled to open between January 17– February 18, 2022. We are working hard to compete our opening plans and will keep you updated as to how and when you can begin to register for your new Pulse Generator membership. We will also update you shortly on the rules, regulations and changes that have occurred over the last 18 months. Please note we have not received approval to open the gymnasiums and squash courts on sites with those facilities.
In the meantime, don’t forget that you can still register for our 12 Days of Fitmas event beginning December 13. Don’t miss out on 12 days of workouts taking you all the way to December 24. There is no charge for this package.
All Fitmas information can viewed here.
As always, we appreciate your patience and support and look forward to seeing you soon.